GO GREEN – LCW GREEN!
At LCW, we feel it is our responsibility, not just as a business but as individuals, to be good stewards of our environment. We are determined to leave as small a footprint on our environment as possible. Our office staff is committed to doing things such as recycling and limiting paper printing. In the field, our employees assist the Blue Ridge Wildlife Center by donating excess 2×4’s and plywood for use as cages for injured animals. As members of the Green Building Council, we are serious about protecting our environment.
WHY GO GREEN? WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Lower operating costs
- Improved energy efficiency
- Conservation of natural resources for future generations
- Reduction in water usage and fossil fuel consumption
- A healthier work environment for building occupants
HOW CAN LCW HELP?
LCW has LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) accredited professionals on staff having the technical knowledge and expertise to assist in meeting sustainability goals for the project. There are many small things that can be done, at little to no additional cost, to make your building project green. We understand the importance of meeting sustainability goals for the project while adhering to schedules and budgets. Some of the services that we provide are:
- Installation and monitoring of erosion and sediment control measures for the project;
- Recycling of construction and demolition debris;
- Reduction in the amount of waste on the project;
- Purchase of materials regionally to reduce fossil fuel consumption;
- Guidance in the selection of green products and materials.
Whether your desire is for LEED gold certification or just a more environmentally friendly project, LWC will help.
WHAT IS YOUR PROJECT?